Over our products
We present you products of original german handicraft.
Our supplier are carver, unions and trader of this region
In the pre-medieval times large forests covered the mountainous region between Chemnitz (former Karl Marx Stadt), Dresden and the Tchech border, in the south-east of germany.
In 1170 a huge silver rush attracted workers from central Europe to the hills of Freiberg. In 1188 a city was founded near the today is Zwickau. 25 years later the monastery of Chemnitz on the old road of salt trade received the rights to set up a market. Slowly the once dark forest grew thinner and thinner. Castles, many of which can still be visited today (eg. the famous Augustusburg), were built on numerous hills to control the valleys. Roads were established to reach out to the new villages and cities.
Im Today, no other mountain range is as densely populated as the Erzgebirge. In 1436 tin was discovered which lead to another rush of settlements. The catholic counter reformation following the Lutherian reformation in the Bohemain countryside created an huge number of evangelical refuges, who found their new home in the mellow hills of the Erzgebirge. In the 17th century the region fell victim to the 30 years war. The savage hordes of Swedish warriors brutally ransacked the entire region. At the beginning of the 19th century industrialization found it is way to the remote hills. Heavy machine industry settled around the big mining cities, primarily Chemnitz, to satisfy the demands for machinery by the mining corporations.
The 19th century brought slowly diminishing yields across all mines. This in turn provoked many inventions and development of new processes to improve yields or switch mining to new materials like cobalt. These times are also responsible for the sayings about the industrious or inventive Saxonians. In the times of the Third Reich the mining activities were dramatically increased to harvest ores for the war effort. Most of the mining disappeared around 1950 except for the Uranium mines. They supplied uranium to the Warsaw-Pacts nuclear power stations and weapons factories right up to the collapse of the German Democratic Republic in the autumn of 1989, when the ludicrous safety standards became apparent and the mining contracts with the USSR were cancelled.